Monday, August 17, 2009

Blue Butterfly #4 - We Are Always In His Mighty Hands

"I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
- Isaiah 41:10

I love this blue butterfly sent to me by Tara Travis.  It reminds me of my miracle moment during Christmas 2004 when I was on death's doorstep but healed on Christmas day.  I had asked God to send me a bird to let me know He was with me.  I wanted to see a bird fly by my window.  My daughter Scarlett found a picture similar to the one above but the mighty hands were holding a tiny wounded bird.  She wrote me a letter over the picture from the bird to me.  The words reminded me that God always has His hands around us and we must simply trust Him.

I think this is true for each of us.  Our circumstances may be different but we are always facing one trial or another.  God is always in the midst.  It is up to us to surrender to His miracle making power that can work through us if we let it.  We must trust Him that we will always fly again - in His time.  When we take a leap of faith off a cliff we must know that God will either catch us or teach us to fly.  Mother eagles know these truths instinctively.  It is how they teach baby eagles to fly.

Here is a favorite poem I want to share about remembering God is always near.  It reminds us we don't have to shout too loud for help because He is always close:

MY FAITH

I need not worry, I need not fear;
The Lord my God is very near.
He holds my hand and makes me glad;
He wipes my tears when I am sad.
He fills my heart with love and peace,
And all my troubles begin to cease.
He points His finger to show the way;
And from His path I will not stray!
                
                                                                                                 - Vincent Lorenzo

The ending to my miracles story was more beautiful than I could have imagined.  20 minutes before midnight on Christmas day I was healed.  And the day before - God didn't just send one bird flying by my window.  He sent a flock of birds.  He also sent me birds through many family and friends.  Everywhere I looked birds were coming at me.  It was a much bigger miracle than I had asked for.  That's how God works.  After all, He DID create the universe.

I still find blue butterflies each day!  They come from many unexpected places and people.  Joy comes with them.  The only way to capture a miracle is to believe in one.  Do you believe?  If miracles are possible for one they are possible for all.

I wish you all days filled with the miracles YOU are looking for.

Have a heavenly day!

Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment